GPAL END USER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
April 2018, Version 1.3.1
Congratulations! You are now almost ready to start using the GPAL app. But first we ask you to read and agree to the end user terms and conditions below.
- We make it possible for employees of an organization (like you) to upload instruction videos and to share these with and allow these to be viewed by other employees within that organization.
- Our service consists of a browser-based website and the GPAL app. The website is the management environment for the administrators within an organization.
Administrator / account / password
- You should have received an email from your administrator asking you to set your password and complete your registration for the GPAL app. You can only start using the GPAL app after you have accepted these terms and conditions.
- You can download the GPAL app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
- The administrator will be able to assist with any questions you may have about your account. And the administrator also determines your authorization level to access content or share content with others in your organization.
- If you have forgotten your password for the GPAL app, the administrator can assist you. In that case you can also click ‘Forgot Password’ in the GPAL app. You will then receive the welcome email again, with instructions how to reset your password.
- The GPAL app you are about to use is intended for use by employees in your organization only. We therefore ask you to keep your password secure to prevent others from accessing your account.
- Everything you do using your account is your responsibility. You should therefore use your account with due care.
- If you suspect that your account has been compromised, you should notify the administrator in your organization, who will then contact us and take the necessary measures.
Use / camera
- When making videos, your face does not have to appear on screen. This also applies to other people you are filming. If you leave your current employer, he will want to continue using your videos. If you do not want your face to appear on screen, you should ask your colleagues not to film your face. And, conversely, we expect you to ask a colleague you are about to film whether he or she is comfortable with his or her face appearing on screen. This helps to prevent any misunderstandings later on.
- The content you create is intended for use by employees in your organization only. Make sure that this information remains confidential and share the content only with people within your own organization and only via the GPAL app.
- All intellectual property rights to all works developed or made available by GPAL, such as the GPAL app, accompanying documentation and advice, are the property of GPAL. You are given a licence to use the GPAL app during the term of the agreement between us and your employer.
- The idea of the GPAL app is to enable your employer to gather, share and retain knowledge within its organization. In principle, all content you create and upload during your employment and/or with the GPAL app comes under the employer’s copyright, which means that your employer automatically becomes the owner of that content. If this is not the case, you hereby transfer to your employer in advance, with immediate effect, exclusively, unconditionally and without any limitation, all worldwide copyrights which may, at any time, attach to, be contained in or arise out of existing and future content, including data and videos uploaded by you via the GPAL app, in particular (without limitation) the reproduction and publication rights, regardless of the use or the display method. We accept this transfer of copyrights in advance on behalf of your employer.
- If it becomes apparent that your employer does not own the copyright to content created by you, you are obliged to assist, at the request of GPAL or your employer, in facilitating the transfer of the aforesaid content and/or data and videos to your employer free of charge. If this requires the conclusion of a separate agreement or the execution of a separate deed, you are obliged to cooperate in such conclusion or execution free of charge. These provisions remain applicable to any content you upload using the GPAL app, also after the termination of your employment with your current employer.
- Please refer to our Privacy Notice for detailed information on how we protect your privacy and to the document Your privacy rights for a description of your privacy rights and how you can exercise them.
- Please refer to the System requirements for details of the minimum and recommended system requirements of all GPAL applications.
Amendments to these End user terms and conditions
- GPAL reserves the right to amend these end user terms and conditions. You will be informed of any amendments when you open the app. You will then be asked whether you agree to the amended terms and conditions. If you agree, you will be able to use the app again as usual. When our terms and conditions are amended, you will not be able to use the GPAL app until you have agreed to the new end user terms and conditions.